Voting

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Edible Fashion: Part 2




The gluing continued, on and on.  I used dried chilies for a majority of the back.  Luckily, they were the same color as the cranberries, but covered much more area!  After many hours, a few visitors, much Pandora music listening, and a huge mess...the dress was completed!
Oh what a mess!



 Soon came runway day!  I was really excited and a little bit nervous.  I was also curious to see what other edible clothing there would be.  There were a total of 8 or 9 participants in the competition.  There was a beautiful lettuce dress, an outfit made of waffles and bacon, and a couple fruit roll-up costumes.  When they called my name, I managed to make it up the couple stairs to the runway without falling or ruining my dress.  After everyone had their time on the stage, the audience cast their votes.  About ten minutes passed before they announced the winner.  Oh, the anticipation!  And the winner is...<imaginary drumroll>...me!!!  Along with being named the winner, I was also rewarded $500!!!  

After winning, people got their photos taken with me, congratulated me, and I even made it on the news!  The next day, I was recognized in the grocery store from the news article.

"Weren't you the one that made that food dress?"

That's when I knew I was famous! ;)


It was a strange challenge, but an amazing experience.  I'm already imagining innovative designs for next year!


Food-Not just to eat anymore!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment